TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NWJ Terms and Conditions
It is very important to read NWJ’s online shopping terms and conditions as, in our check out process, you will be required to tick that you have read and understood “Online Shopping Terms” before you may proceed with payment.
If you have any questions regarding our Services, the Online Shopping Terms, products or services, please feel free to make use of our live chat or email [email protected].
You are required to register with us before placing your first order online. Please click on Register to complete the registration form. Registration and/or use of our online shopping services constitutes your acceptance and agreement to be bound by the Online Shopping Terms.
To register, you will be required to provide certain personal information including personal and payment card details, as well as an email address and password. Please keep your personal information secure.
We accept no liability for any damages suffered or losses incurred from the unauthorised use of your personal information.
You will be required to enter your email address and password each time you visit our online shopping site. To amend any of your details, please go to My Account. For more details on how we collect and use your personal information, please review our Privacy Protection below.
NWJ Store Card Competition 1 May – 30 June 2021
Terms and Conditions: Stand a chance to WIN 1 of 10 9ct Rose gold, Amethyst and Diamond circle of Love Pendants, with a gold bonded chain, valued at R8843 each.
- This promotional offer is organised by RCS Cards Proprietary Limited (“RCS”) (NCRCP 38/FSP 44481) and NWJ Jewellery (the “Promoter”).
- Participation in this promotional offer constitutes an agreement to abide by the rules herein and you further bind yourself to the extent lawfully permissible.
- Promotion period: The promotion commences on 1 May 2021 and will terminate at 23h59 on 30 June 2021.
- Prize Details: Stand a chance to WIN 1 of 10 9ct Rose gold, Amethyst and Diamond circle of Love Pendants, with a gold bonded chain, valued at R8843 each. SHOP with your NWJ Store Card in-store or online at nwj.co.za during the promotion period. The Promoter reserves the right to marginally increase or reduce the value of the credit voucher at its sole and absolute discretion.
- How to qualify: All customers must abide by the below points to qualify:
- Customers must either have an NWJ Store Card or must apply and be approved for an NWJ Store Card;
- Customers must be in good credit standing;
- Customers must shop in-store or online at nwj.co.za with their NWJ Store Card during the Promotional Period.
- All eligible participants who comply with the entry mechanism of this promotional offer will automatically be entered into the draw and stand a chance to win the prize. There will be a total of 10 (ten) winners to this promotional offer, in which a total of 5 (five) winners will be chosen from existing NWJ Store Cardholders and a further 5 (five) winners will be chosen from newly approved NWJ Store Cardholders. Winners will be selected at random from the list of approved applications. No person may win more than one prize in this competition. The competition is valid for in-store and online applications and purchases.
- Selection of winners: The ten winners are to be chosen by 16 July 2021 and will be selected from the list of existing cardholders; and from the approved applications submitted during the promotion period.
- Individuals ineligible to participate in the promotion: RCS Group and NWJ employees, partners, directors, members, agents and consultants of RCS, as well as their spouses, life partners, children, siblings, business partners and associates, will not be eligible to participate in this promotion.
- Prize fulfilment: RCS will be responsible for ensuring all eligible customers receive their prizes. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
- Promotional offer notification: The winners of the prize will be notified by RCS via telephone or email using the contact details on the RCS database system recorded against the selected NWJ Store Card number.
- Customer Undertaking: Customer agrees that her/his participation in the competition means that the customer understands that he/she will only be entered into the draw if the obligations contained in clause 5 are fulfilled.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the personal contact details captured on the RCS database system are complete, accurate and up to date.
- If the winner fails to comply with any of these rules of the terms of acceptance of the prizes, or if they refuse to sign the Promoters’ winner declaration or the Promoters; winner’s prize acceptance form, this will be construed as a rejection of the prize and then, without prejudice to any other remedy which the Promotor and its associates may have, the winner will be automatically disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
- Disclaimer: RCS, NWJ, its associated companies, agents and service providers/co-promoters involved in the promotional offer assumes no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, damage, death, personal injuries, defamation, and/or any other claims arising in connection with this promotional offer.
- System Failure: RCS will not be responsible for lost, delayed and/or misdirected electronic messages, internet or computer malfunctions, errors in transmission or any condition beyond control of RCS which may cause the entry into the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted.
- Cancellation: RCS reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, to cancel, extend or suspend this promotional offer. If so, and to the extent permitted by law, all entrants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this promotional offer and acknowledge that they have no recourse in such event against RCS, its associated companies, employees, agents, partners, suppliers, sponsors and/or co-promoter.
- The participant understands and accepts that, during its engagement with NWJ and RCS, NWJ and RCS may collect and process personally identifiable information about the entrant to allow the entrant to enter the competition, or in relation to, the entrants engagement by NWJ and RCS, including all documents and information required to be furnished by the entrant to NWJ and RCS from time to time. Such processing of information will be in line with the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPI”).
- The competition Terms and Conditions are available for download on the NWJ website
Product Sales and Availability
All products displayed on our website, mobi site and subsequent apps are subject to availability and will be delivered only within the Republic of South Africa and to areas where we deliver. All prices shown on our website, mobi site or subsequent apps are quoted in South African Rands and are valid and effective only in the Republic of South Africa. We reserve the right to discontinue or change the specifications of our products and services from time to time without notice. We will inform you as soon as possible if any of the products or services you have ordered are not available.
Colours and Items Displayed
We have made every effort to ensure that the colours of the jewellery and watches that appear on our website, mobi site and subsequent apps display as accurately as possible. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on the device that you use to access our website, mobi site and apps, we cannot warrant that your device’s display of any colour will be accurate. All jewellery displayed on our website may be enlarged to show detail and may not be the actual size when purchased. All information, however, in terms of metal, carat size, diamond etc. next to each product description is 100% accurate.
All pendants are sold separately unless otherwise stated. Images of pendants with chains are for display purposes only.
We regret that no order will be accepted if we identify a material error in the description of any of our goods or services or their prices on our website, mobi site and/or subsequent apps.
NWJ Gift Vouchers may be purchased online and are only redeemable at any NWJ store in the Republic of South Africa. A NWJ Voucher cannot be used to purchase jewellery online.
You will be charged the prices that are reflected on our website, mobi site and/or future apps, subject to availability and delivery address. Prices and promotions may vary depending on whether you have access to our services via our website, mobi site or apps. The prices include Value-Added Tax (VAT). Special promotions may be subject to certain conditions, including stock availability and limited offer stipulations. Special promotions apply only to items on your original order (i.e. not on items which are added after the order was placed.)
Free delivery will be offered to all individual orders over R350 in major metropolitan areas only. Orders under R350 will be subject to a minimum R69 delivery charge and, depending on the area, may be charged to a maximum of R100. Orders of R350 or more in a non-major metropolitan area may be charged to a maximum of R100 per order.
Agreement of Sale
Placing an item in a shopping basket or adding it to a wishlist without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an agreement of sale between NWJ and the user and users cannot hold NWJ liable if such items are not available when the purchase cycle is completed later and/or constitute an order for such an item.
An agreement of sale between NWJ and a user only comes into effect when a card authorisation is received from the issuing bank, or a written approval by NWJ confirming EFT funds have been received.
NWJ reserves the right to cancel orders in whole or in part as circumstances dictate. NWJ shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by the buyer.
When you place your order, funds equal to the total value of your order will be deducted against the card you are paying with during the checkout process. To allow for any possible product substitutions, payment will only be affected once your order is ready for delivery.
For EFT payments, you will be required to deposit your money into
Bank: First National Bank
Account Name: TASTE HOLDINGS LUXURY GOODS DIVISION (PTY) LTD NWI ONLINE
Account No: 62762225904
Account Type: Current Account
Branch No: 223626
Branch Name: RMB Corporate Banking Durban
Swift Code: FIRNZAJJ
Reference: [Your Order Number]
Once your funds have been cleared, your order will be expedited. EFT payments not received in our bank account within three working days will be cancelled.
At the time of placing the order, the transaction details are presented to the bank and an authorisation is obtained for the order.
Payment is collected when the order is placed and before the goods are shipped.
Note that to protect its own and the interests of customers, NWJ scrutinizes all transactions very carefully to prevent attempted fraud and a transaction may be refused if NWJ is not satisfied with its legitimacy.
We cannot always guarantee stock availability and will endeavor to either obtain stock from an NWJ corporate store and/or make the stock at the NWJ factory. We will immediately advise you of this and advise delivery times of the requested item.
Confirmation of Orders
Your offer is deemed to be accepted when you receive an order confirmation. All orders received on a weekend will be processed on the Monday.
Apply for your lay-by option in-store, making that special purchase that much more affordable!
- Lay-by accounts are not available for online purchases
- Payable over 6 months
- Minimum of a 20% deposit
- Six equal monthly payments
- Only available at store level, not online
Please note we will refund the amount you have paid under the said lay-by agreement after deducting a maximum cancellation penalty of 1% of the FULL purchase price of the item.
NWJ Head office
82 Armstrong Ave
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: 031 570 5000 – customer services department online
All transactions will be in South African Rand ZAR, and deliveries will only be within the Republic of South Africa. All transactions converted to South African rands will be expedited at the current exchange rate of the day and may differ due to currency fluctuation.
Online sales and deliveries will only be within the Republic of South Africa.
Country of Domicile
NWJ head office and country of domicile is
82 Armstrong Ave
Credit Cards payment accepted
Master and Visa only
NWJ is a member of the Jewellery Council
NJW is a proud member of the South African Jewellery Council and adhere to their code of ethics.
All Jewellery Sales Exclude:
- All International Jewellery Brands (Ania Haie, Nomination, Gregio, Guess Jewellery amongst others)
- All Indian Jewellery
- Gold Bangles