TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NWJ Terms and Conditions – June 2018
It is very important to read NWJ’s online shopping terms and conditions as, in our check out process, you will be required to tick that you have read and understood “Online Shopping Terms” before you may proceed with payment.
If you have any questions regarding our Services, the Online Shopping Terms, products or services, please feel free to make use of our live chat or email [email protected].
You are required to register with us before placing your first order online. Please click on Register to complete the registration form. Registration and/or use of our online shopping services constitutes your acceptance and agreement to be bound by the Online Shopping Terms.
To register, you will be required to provide certain personal information including personal and payment card details, as well as an email address and password. Please keep your personal information secure.
We accept no liability for any damages suffered or losses incurred from the unauthorised use of your personal information.
You will be required to enter your email address and password each time you visit our online shopping site. To amend any of your details, please go to My Account. For more details on how we collect and use your personal information, please review our Privacy Protection below.
Product Sales and Availability
All products displayed on our website, mobi site and subsequent apps are subject to availability and will be delivered only within the Republic of South Africa and to areas where we deliver. All prices shown on our website, mobi site or subsequent apps are quoted in South African Rands and are valid and effective only in the Republic of South Africa. We reserve the right to discontinue or change the specifications of our products and services from time to time without notice. We will inform you as soon as possible if any of the products or services you have ordered are not available.
Colours and Items Displayed
We have made every effort to ensure that the colours of the jewellery and watches that appear on our website, mobi site and subsequent apps display as accurately as possible. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on the device that you use to access our website, mobi site and apps, we cannot warrant that your device’s display of any colour will be accurate. All jewellery displayed on our website may be enlarged to show detail and may not be the actual size when purchased. All information, however, in terms of metal, carat size, diamond etc. next to each product description is 100% accurate.
All pendants are sold separately unless otherwise stated. Images of pendants with chains are for display purposes only.
We regret that no order will be accepted if we identify a material error in the description of any of our goods or services or their prices on our website, mobi site and/or subsequent apps.
NWJ Gift Vouchers may be purchased online and are only redeemable at any NWJ store in the Republic of South Africa. A NWJ Voucher cannot be used to purchase jewellery online.
You will be charged the prices that are reflected on our website, mobi site and/or future apps, subject to availability and delivery address. Prices and promotions may vary depending on whether you have access to our services via our website, mobi site or apps. The prices include Value-Added Tax (VAT). Special promotions may be subject to certain conditions, including stock availability and limited offer stipulations. Special promotions apply only to items on your original order (i.e. not on items which are added after the order was placed.)
Free delivery will be offered to all individual orders over R350 in major metropolitan areas only. Orders under R350 will be subject to a minimum R69 delivery charge and, depending on the area, may be charged to a maximum of R100. Orders of R350 or more in a non-major metropolitan area may be charged to a maximum of R100 per order.
Agreement of Sale
Placing an item in a shopping basket or adding it to a wishlist without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an agreement of sale between NWJ and the user and users cannot hold NWJ liable if such items are not available when the purchase cycle is completed later and/or constitute an order for such an item.
An agreement of sale between NWJ and a user only comes into effect when a card authorisation is received from the issuing bank, or a written approval by NWJ confirming EFT funds have been received.
NWJ reserves the right to cancel orders in whole or in part as circumstances dictate. NWJ shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by the buyer.
When you place your order, funds equal to the total value of your order will be deducted against the card you are paying with during the checkout process. To allow for any possible product substitutions, payment will only be affected once your order is ready for delivery.
For EFT payments, you will be required to deposit your money into
Bank: First National Bank
Account Name: TASTE HOLDINGS LUXURY GOODS DIVISION (PTY) LTD NWI ONLINE
Account No: 62762225904
Account Type: Current Account
Branch No: 223626
Branch Name: RMB Corporate Banking Durban
Swift Code: FIRNZAJJ
Reference: [Your Order Number]
Once your funds have been cleared, your order will be expedited. EFT payments not received in our bank account within three working days will be cancelled.
At the time of placing the order, the transaction details are presented to the bank and an authorisation is obtained for the order.
Payment is collected when the order is placed and before the goods are shipped.
Note that to protect its own and the interests of customers, NWJ scrutinizes all transactions very carefully to prevent attempted fraud and a transaction may be refused if NWJ is not satisfied with its legitimacy.
We cannot always guarantee stock availability and will endeavor to either obtain stock from an NWJ corporate store and/or make the stock at the NWJ factory. We will immediately advise you of this and advise delivery times of the requested item.
Confirmation of Orders
Your offer is deemed to be accepted when you receive an order confirmation. All orders received on a weekend will be processed on the Monday.
Apply for your lay-by option in-store, making that special purchase that much more affordable!
- Lay-by accounts are not available for online purchases
- Payable over 6 months
- Minimum of a 20% deposit
- Six equal monthly payments
- Only available at store level, not online
Please note we will refund the amount you have paid under the said lay-by agreement after deducting a maximum cancellation penalty of 1% of the FULL purchase price of the item.
NWJ Head office
82 Armstrong Ave
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: 031 570 5000 – customer services department online
All transactions will be in South African Rand ZAR, and deliveries will only be within the Republic of South Africa. All transactions converted to South African rands will be expedited at the current exchange rate of the day and may differ due to currency fluctuation.
Online sales and deliveries will only be within the Republic of South Africa.
Country of Domicile
NWJ head office and country of domicile is
82 Armstrong Ave
Credit Cards payment accepted
Master and Visa only
NWJ is a member of the Jewellery Council
NJW is a proud member of the South African Jewellery Council and adhere to their code of ethics.
NWJ Store Card Online Promotion Terms and Conditions (1 February 2019 – 22 February 2019)
WIN a weekend away for two; valued at R 20 000
1. This promotional offer is organised by RCS Cards Proprietary Limited (“RCS”) (NCRCP 38/FSP 44481) (the “Promoter).
2. All participants agree to be bound by these rules.
3. Promotion period: The promotion commences on 1 February 2019 and will terminate at 23h59 on 22 February 2019.
4. Prize Details: Customers must apply and be approved for the NWJ Store Card online before 22 February 2019 and in order to stand a chance to win a romantic getaway for two to the value of R 20 000. The Promoter reserves the right to marginally increase or reduce the value of the credit voucher at its sole and absolute discretion.
5. How to qualify: All customers must abide by the below points to qualify: Customers must apply for the NWJ Store Card online; Be approved for the NWJ Store Card during the Promotional Period.
6. All eligible participants who comply with the entry mechanism of this promotional offer will automatically be entered into the draw and stand to win the prize. No person may win more than one prize in this Competition. The competition is only valid for online applications.
7. Your participation in the competition means that you agree and understand that you will stand a chance to win a prize that cannot be exchanged for cash.
8. There will be 1 main prize, consisting of a weekend away; the main prize winner will be randomly selected from eligible entrants for the period of 1 February to 22 February 2019. An independent third party will select the winner.
9. The arrangements of the weekend away will be at RCS’s discretion and will be made known to the winner by telephone. The prize includes accommodation and meals for two people at one of four locations: Kwazulu-Natal, Gauteng, Mpumalanga and Western Cape. (Transport excluded). The choice of hotel etc. will be at RCS’s discretion.
10. The prize-giving will be finalised within 10 days after the draw. The winner will be required to produce their barcoded ID document or driver’s license as proof of identity and eligibility to undertake the holiday.
11. The winner’s name and town/city will be published on the NWJ website and other media, and unless the winner’s refuse, NWJ and/or RCS may also decide to publish the winners’ image or require that the winners participate in any marketing activity.
12. Individuals ineligible to participate in the promotion: RCS and NWJ employees, partners, directors, members, agents and consultants of RCS, as well as their spouses, life partners, children, siblings, business partners and associates, will not be eligible to participate in this promotion. NWJ Store Card Online Promotion Terms and Conditions: WIN a weekend away for two; valued at R 20 000
13. Promotional offer notification: The winners of the prize will be notified by RCS via telephone or email using the contact details on the RCS database system recorded against the selected NWJ Store Card number.
14. Customer Undertaking: Customer agrees that her/his participation in the competition means that the customer understands that he/she will only be entered into the draw if the obligations contained in clause 5 are fulfilled.
15. It is your responsibility to ensure that your personal contact details captured on the RCS database system are complete, accurate and up to date. If the contact number on the RCS database system does not exist or does not belong to the drawn winners, a new winner/s will be drawn immediately under the same conditions. Furthermore, if a winners contact number is repeatedly engaged, just rings or goes to voicemail, RCS may in its discretion re-draw a new winner.
16. If the winner fails to comply with any of these rules of the terms of acceptance if the prizes, or if they refuse to sign the Promoters’ winner declaration or the Promoters; winner’s prize acceptance form, this will be construed as a rejection of the prize and then, without prejudice to any other remedy which the Promotor and its associates may have, the winner will be automatically disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
17. Disclaimer: RCS, its associated companies, agents and service providers/co-promoters involved in the promotional offer assumes no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, damage, death, personal injuries, defamation, and/or any other claims arising in connection with this promotional offer.
18. System Failure: RCS will not be responsible for lost, delayed and/or misdirected electronic messages, internet or computer malfunctions, errors in transmission or any condition beyond control of RCS which may cause the entry into the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted.
19. Cancellation: RCS reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, to cancel, extend or suspend this promotional offer. If so, and to the extent permitted by law, all entrants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this promotional offer and acknowledge that they have no recourse in such event against RCS, its associated companies, employees, agents, partners, suppliers, sponsors and/or co-promoter.
12 Days of Surprises Competition T’s & C’s (12 December 2018 – 24 December 2018)
The NWJ 12 Days of Surprises competition is open to residents of South Africa aged 18 years or over except employees of NWJ and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://nwj.co.za/
Closing date for entry will be 24 December 2018 and winners will be randomly picked from the email database. After this date no further giveaways will be granted.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Subscribe to the email database of NWJ and stand a chance to be randomly picked as a winner of one of twelve daily prizes.
The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
The winners will be notified by email and announced on Facebook within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 21 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected/is delivered.
The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, en-dorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to NWJ and not to any other party.